Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Swans

Some of you will remember I love to post my critter counts here at the cabin. We keep a log of all the random animals that happen by, and yesterday we received our most unusual guests so far: four beautiful Trumpeter swans! These birds aren't native to our state and are rarely seen in the South, so this was a wonderful treat. They preened and swam from bank to bank outside our cabin, sunning their wings. 


They were a little shy of us watching, so we took out our telescope and got a better view. There were three pure white birds and one smaller gray adolescent.


Other visitors to the Jones cabin include: bald eagles, deer, bobcats, a panther, mink, turkeys, ducks, Canada geese,  cormorants, and much more.

This place is a little distracting to my writing, but it's so much fun to watch the wildlife all around. I'm still waiting for my first bear, though!





No comments:

Post a Comment