Saturday, August 23, 2014

Shall We Dance?--Snippet Sunday


For this week's Snippet Sunday, I'm posting an excerpt from my November release, HER WICKED CAPTAIN, the first book in The River Rogues series.
The worldly hero, Capt. Rory Campbell, a riverboat gambler, has orchestrated a dance in the backwoods settlement of Posey Hollow, and has invited the local fortune-telling heroine, Dell Samuels, as his special guest. 

Rory tugged at his cravat. “I’m delighted you changed your mind about coming.”
“I didn’t. I’m here with my family and a patron. I’m doing a card-reading later, otherwise I wouldn’t have.”
“Then the good fortune is all mine for sharing the pleasure of your company.” His hand cupped her elbow gently, guiding her a step closer to him to avoid a young couple headed to the dance floor. She tingled beneath his touch. “Your patron is a lucky man…or woman. I’d like nothing more than to see you in action.”
Heat fanned up her neck at his words spoken in a low teasing voice. 


Add on Goodreads 
Pre-order on Amazon or Nook

13 comments:

  1. Just one touch and the heat begins to build?
    Nice scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rory definitely has a way of turning every word spoken into something more provocative. Or, maybe it's just that Dell always interprets him that way!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the word cravat, also like the closeness between the two you are building in this dialogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a cravat junkie. It's my favorite piece of men's wear. Bring back the cravat! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great snippet, Sandra. I love the evocative feel to the whole scene. Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. His innuendo is smoldering---and I totally agree with you about the cravat. So much better than neckties . . . I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd imagine it was a pleasure to remove them!

      Delete
  5. Oh, they've got it bad for each other. Love the tension and building heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's something about a cravat that's sexy, isn't there? Maybe it's the juxtaposition of soft, rich fabric against the masculine form.

    In any case, nice initial sexual tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm…Thanks, Carol. Now I'm distracted!

      Delete
  7. Nice flow of words & your last line is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete